J&J Machine Company 3D Printing Capabilities
Before 3D printing, prototype plastic parts were machined in small batches and production parts were molded at higher volumes. With the advent of 3D printing, you can drastically reduce lead times and cost:
- Quotes can be provided in one hour
- Most parts can be completed within 1-2 days
- Prototype designs can be iterated without incurring setup charges or delays
- The cost of a 3D printed part is based on its size, so small parts, even complex ones, can be affordable
- There is no setup cost involved, we print directly from your design
- We use a state-of-the-art Stratasys Dimension Elite 3D printer. Click here to learn more.
- We print directly from your .STL file, or our in-house designers can create a file from your design
- We print using durable ABS plastic and inventory 9 standard colors
- Parts can be printed that measure up to 10” x 10” x 12”
- Resolutions of .010” or .007”
- Options for solid or hollow fill
- 3D printing can produce complex shapes that could not otherwise be easily machined, like square inside corners and inaccessible interior cavities
- Completed parts can be picked up at our Marlborough, Massachusetts location, or shipped via UPS
Frequently Asked Questions
The tolerance for 3D printed parts is about .010”
3D printed parts have a textured appearance, and the plastic is slightly porous. Parts can be sanded or painted for a more finished appearance.
Yes, contact us to discuss options for other materials.
Yes, there are several options for making larger parts, contact us to learn more.