Mechanical Inspector I
The Mechanical Inspector I will perform and document quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the different stages of the manufacture and receipt of products. In addition, the Mechanical Inspector will be expected to make recommendations for improving processes. Reporting to the Director of Quality, this is a key role which ensures that we continue to provide high-quality parts to our customers.
This position could be part-time or full time depending on the needs of the company and the availability of the candidate.
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to stay productive with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Concern for safety
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Able to follow ISO/ITAR procedures
- Neat and organized
||Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong math skills required
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerances. Ability to measure in tenths and in both English and metric standards.
- Ability to understand the principles related to metrology, gauging, and inspection.
- Understanding of how to compensate for plating thicknesses
- Experience within a manufacturing setting and an understanding of basic machining concepts
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with cross-functional groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 or AS 9100
- Demonstrate inspection skills and the technical ability to support all product lines
- Perform first article and finished product inspections of mechanical elements to ensure conformance with engineering drawings
- Verify dimensions of product with micrometers, calipers, height gauges, pin gauges, templates and go/ no-go gauges
- Inspect conformance of receiving documentation
- Learn, adhere and cooperate in the improvement of all Standard Operating Procedures and test methods